Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chinatown, Oahu

See the Fishy I caught for the man at the counter? Look, isn't it cute!? (this is what is playing in my mind) All the kids excitedly react!! They all love this fish, he is in the metal bowl, that fish is center stage!


Cute FIshy!!!


Ohhhhh, now what is she going to do with it?


Now we take the fish and get the knife between the gills and head... Look at the kids reaction...OMG!
This will be known as the Field Trip that required 100's of hours of therapy!


remember the duck presentation on A Christmas Story? Fa Rah Rah Rah rha Rah rah rah rah rah!!!


Fish Heads! Fish Heads, Rolie Poly fish Heads! Dr. Dimentos Fish Shop!


Chicken! (I think!)


$8.99 a pound (too expensive to rescue, trust me, I thought of it!)
Is this a pet? Is there a recipe? Seriously?


Ummm guys! Hello! I'm stuck in this case and can someone get the feet off my eyes so I can at LEAST see something?
Hello Mr. Butcher, I'd like that cute one with the adorable little snout and blue eyes.
Two words "Salutations WIlbur"
Another freakshow for the kids to see.



MMMMMmmmmm.. yeah, a few things ran through my mind while taking impressionable 7 year olds thru a market like this.
FIrst off I found it evilly humerous. I kept my laughter stifled and its a good thing one of my friends wasn't with because we'd have gone into side splitting laughter bouts...
A frozen tub of pigs feet.
Of all things I don't know why I was disturbed that there was NOT a tong to pick them up with. If I was interested making my favorite recipe of "swine feet" how was I to pick them up and bag them?
Each time something unusual came in sight I was wondering what these kids were thinking! Like, was there a fresh green field with Pig Amputees laying motionless wondering where their little cloven feet were?
And, having seen the inner workings of a midwest pig farm, I KNOW where those feet have been. Soaking in a brine of urine, feces and muck.. for years... Mmmmmm. Who's idea was it that this was "good eatin?"
The Jews are wise for not eating this.

No comments: