Sunday, August 17, 2008

Early empty nest as ALL THREE kids start school this year!



Wow! IT happened! My littlest one started Kindergarten! He joined the school-age ranks where he seriously is so proud to wear his action figure backpack and walk to school with his older brother who is in 2nd grade already! Not to mention I have one in 11th grade!!! Wow!!!
The first thing I think of is I wish I could call my mom and tell her about it! But the long distance on that call is outrageous...lol
I'll just have to beam all by myself :o)
I had to laugh (as I about choked) when Maddie mentioned to me some accelerated program where she could finish her 11th grade classes and 12th grade in one year then graduate... WHHHHOOOOOAAAHHHHH! (Screeeeetch! The sound of slammed brakes and tires screeching on an out of control car fade in about NOW!)
Ummmm... enjoy your last two years of high school while mom figures out how to handle you leaving for college... Lets not rush this! right? lol
So, here are the boys on their first day of school right before we left to walk there. Yes, they have matching shirts...so what! lol
The second is Maddie giving me the "OH MY GOD MOMMMM!!! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO TAKE A PICTURE OF ME RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL WHERE POTENTIALLY EVERYBODY CAN WITNESS THIS AND EMBARRASS ME?"
SOrry to have that in all CAPS but if you have a teenager you'll understand that yes, they pretty much talk that loud when getting totally embarrassed!
Plus, I can't stop tradition, right? She's had her picture taken every year on the first day.
So, since family and friends are not within 3,000 miles of us, you too can see them. And I can't help but laugh about you seeing the look on Maddies face... One day she'll laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see everyone is doing so well! Hope you're enjoying your new house :)

Angie