Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Chug...




All these hybrid dogs... Its really such BS... A dog is a dog, right? You get a good dog wether it be the humane society (the best dogs!) or from an ad... but all this shit about Hybrids is crazy.... No-one needs to breed them, and no one needs to create a market to sell puppies for $1500.00. I am not even kidding. In Hawaii these dogs make money if you breed them!
Here in Hawaii they sell purebreds for $3,000 no problem. The hybrid Mixes make over a $1,000, Especially the trendy dogs..Bostons, Papillions's etc...
So, being in Hawaii for 6 months I have had 3 stray dogs find me at my lanai (patio for you non-Hawaiians) Apparently dogs are dispensable here? Wether it being the military disposing of dogs they don't want to pay the excess baggage for when moving? Or a native not wanting a dog, they are just cast off... Seriously, it reminds me of a 3rd world country.
So last Sunday this little 5 lb guy finds my lanai.
My grandma said that dogs would follow my Mom home all the time. A Dachshund followed her home once and proceeded to have a litter of puppies. All well cared for back in 1940 I am sure...
Now, I seem to be the Pied Piper of lost animals.
Here is a picture of the latest that we have living with us.
We named him Cheech. We posted FOUND posters all over and called the Humane Society and nothing..no one is apparently missing him... Another unwanted cast off.
Well, Funny thing is, he has totally taken to Troy! HE loves him! Troy may have a tough time finding a good home for this one... We may have a 3rd dog after all...

No comments: