Monday, February 18, 2008

Seriously, every night I see this as I sit in warm weather(no bugs) on my patio.




Yeah, I know I know...shut up...I still am amazed every day I wake up here in Hawaii. It is so nice to never be cold or feel a chill. Even the rain is warm...
We spent the whole afternoon at the beach. Maddie went snorkeling along with the kids and Troy. They are far more adventuresome than I am..or should I say brave. I lasted a few minutes but was so freaked out that I was going to see some creature that viewed me as big fat dinner that I cracked a fin swimming back to shore. Maddie saw a huge urchin and some fish. Andrew likes to float on his stomach with his masked face in the water never coming up, onluy breathing thru his snorkel. He curls his knees up and floats like a little coconut- a coconut with a snorkel.
Ryan still likes to stay close to shore.
Maddie and I sat in beach chairs and watched and eventually fell asleep. Troy and I are burnt. Troy is lobsterized. I wore 30 block and still managed to scorch my décolletage. I'll be the 60 year old lady with the shar-pie wrinkled chest- yuck.
MAddie had to go to WORK- at cluck in the bucket so I am not sure if she is roasted too. SHe is too busy talking on her cell phone- go figure.
Troy said he is sure that the next bill Sprint sends us will be in a box- since it will be so itemized and long. God help us.
Jody, Mike and Judson are coming soon!!! We are so excited! THen my brother and sister in law and nieces and nephew!
Dean, find that chunk of time and get out here!!! Dave, there are NO mosquitos or biting bugs here either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coconut butter works well to help prevent the sharpei effect. Should be a supply there in your yard with the tree cuttings. At least you are not sitting out with crisco all over you.